- 1 [TOP 10] Best Outdoor Basketball Hoop Reviews of 2020
- 1.1 1. Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set, Blue, 3 Balls – Amazon Exclusive
- 1.2 2. GoSports Splash Hoop 360 & Splash Pass Floating Pool Games – Choose Between Bastetball, Football and Lacrosse
- 1.3 3. Lifetime Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard
- 1.4 4. VTech Smart Shots Sports Center
- 1.5 5. SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop
- 1.6 6. Lifetime 32’’ Youth Portable Basketball Hoop
- 1.7 7. Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set, Pink, 3 Balls – Amazon exclusive
- 1.8 8. Best Choice Products Kids Portable Basketball Hoop w/Adjustable Height, Backboard and Wheels
- 1.9 9. Step2 Shootin’ Hoops Junior Basketball Set
- 1.10 10. Indoor Mini Basketball Hoop and Balls 16’’ x 12 – Basketball Hoop for Door Set – Indoor Mini Basketball Game for Kids
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
[TOP 10] Best Outdoor Basketball Hoop Reviews of 2020
What do most kids enjoy doing in their free time? Undoubtedly, playing some games is what the majority of children love most. So do you know which sport seems to be the most appealing? It is basketball.
Basketball is renowned for being the perfect sport for children of all ages since it is highly safe and helps players improve many skills ranging from physical ones such as using their hand skillfully to soft skills, for example, leadership and teamwork.
If you would like to find a basketball hoop for your children’s practice, it is of importance to buy the most suitable to the children. As kids grow up day by day, the basketball hoops must grow with them. Besides, the best kids basketball hoops also require durability so that they can play for a long time. With so many products on the market, it is really a hard task to pick the best one. Do not worry. Here we have collected ten best kids basketball hoops so that you can have some options to consider. Following the top products, we also have a detailed buying guide which analyses some factors that you need to take into account when buying a basketball hoop for your kids. Finally, the article will end with some frequently asked questions for your reference.
Brand: Little Tikes
Current rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set, Blue, 3 Balls – Amazon Exclusive
- You can use this kids basketball hoop both indoors and outdoors. This convenient hoop can be adjusted between 2.5 to 4 feet.
- The hoop comes with a large rim and three junior size basketballs, which is far more than enough. Your children can start the game immediately once the hoop is finely installed
- The kids basketball hoops help improve many skills for children including social, motor skills and coordination
- If you want to make the base stand still, you need to fill the base with sand. However, remember that sand is not included in the package.
- The manufacturer recommends using the hoops for kids aged from 1.5 to 5 years old.
- The hoop is made of plastic, which is very safe for kids.
- Dimensions: 23.75 x 22 x 61 inches
2. GoSports Splash Hoop 360 & Splash Pass Floating Pool Games – Choose Between Bastetball, Football and Lacrosse
Current rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
GoSports Splash Hoop 360 & Splash Pass Floating Pool Games
- It is boiling hot and here you have the solution. Beat the heat with this GoSports Splash Hoop. The set consists of a splash hoop, two water basketballs and ball pump so you can play in the swimming pool for the whole day.
- No more boring hoops as now we already have a new design for Splash Hoop 360
- The kids basketball hoop is designed in a way that ensures it can stand still regardless of splashing from water basketball.
- The frame boasts about its sturdiness, which makes sure your kids have the best fun ever.
- The product can be assembled within seconds, much faster compared with other models in the market.
Current rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Lifetime Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard
- Base dimensions of the model: 43.2’’ x 30’’ x 6.5’’
- This kids basketball hoop comes with a 44-inch backboard, which is large enough for your kids
- The pole size is 2.75’’ round
- You can adjust the pole within the range 7.5-10 feet
- This kids basketball hoop is made of High Density Polyethylene, making sure that the product is very durable and strong
- The round pole of the hoop can be assemble to attach to the portable base. The base can be filled with water or sand to make it stand still.
- The product comes with classic rim and a nylon net that allows users to play the game regardless of the weather conditions.
- You can place this kids basketball hoop either indoors or outdoors without worrying about the performance.
- It is built in telescoping mechanism and height adjustable basketball system. Feel free to choose the height that can support your kids most.
- The base of 27 gallons can be filled with either water or sand and then roll to your destination. Therefore, the preparation is too far simple and fast.
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
VTech Smart Shots Sports Center
- More than an ordinary hoop, this is a 2-in-1 kids basketball hoop sports center, which means your kids can play on the basketball goal designed for toddlers or score goals with the mini soccer net
- The kids basketball hoop comes with an animated light LED scoreboard that can count baskets up to 10 and displays animations, sounds and phrases motivating your kids.
- The purple side lever is used to restart the scoreboard count
- The shape buttons display shapes, numbers and sounds. The early learning center is equipped with more than 50 songs, sounds and phrases, which is a plus for the kids’ learning process at a very young age
- The set includes many components – a basketball for shooting hoops and a soccer ball for practicing kicking.
- The basketball hoop for toddlers in this set is renowned for developing motor skills
- This kids basketball hoop is produced to serve children in the age group from one to three years old.
- You have to put 3 AA batteries to make the sports center operate. The batteries do not come in the set, so you have to prepare yourself.
Current rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop
- The kids basketball hoop comes with professional high-quality breakaway rim, which is very excellent for slamming
- The hoop is padded with foam, so you can rest assured that your door mounts will be well protected
- The set also consists of a Pro Mini Hoop Basketball of 5’’ diameter whose material is rubber
- The steel breakaway rim of this kids basketball hoop is 9’’ diameter
- The backboard of the hoop is made of clear polycarbonate, a material famous for scratchproof characteristic. It is large enough with the dimension of 18 x 12 inches
Current rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Lifetime 32’’ Youth Portable Basketball Hoop
- The kids basketball hoop comes with a 32-inch backboard together with a rim of 15 inches that can be folded. The net of the hoop is made of nylon, so it can withstand under any kinds of weather
- This model is built in telescoping height adjustment mechanism, which means that you can easily adjust it between 5.5’ and 7.5’ in increments of 6’’
- The base dimension is 31.6 inch x 23 inch x 6.1 inch. It is rust and weatherproof.
- It is very durable, meaning that it can handle the toughest elements
- The 10-gallon base gives the kids basketball hoop portability and stability. It can be filled with water or sand to be stable.
- The pole must be placed right above the base at the same time. If the slots are covered before the poles are seated, the poles must be hit on a hard surface for about five to six times
- The product comes with a limited warranty of 5 years offered by the manufacturer, so you can rest assured if something goes wrong with it, you can ask for a refund or a replacement.
- The surface of the backboard is made of high-density Polyethylene (commonly known as HDPE)
Brand: Little Tikes
Current rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set
- This basketball hoop is adjustable within the range of 6 increments from 2.5 to 4 feet
- The hoop comes with a big rim and three junior-sized basketballs, so your kids can start the game right away once the hoop is finely installed and everything is ready.
- The model is a great toy that helps kids develop their social and motor skills and well as the ability of hand-eye coordination
- The base must be filled with sand to get the maximum stability. However, the sand is not included in the package.
- This kids basketball hoop is recommended for children aged from 18 months to 5 years.
- You have to assemble the hoop before starting using it.
Brand: Best Choice
Current rating: 3.9 out of 5 stars
Best Choice Products Kids Portable Basketball Hoop
- This kids basketball hoop is very child-friendly. Kids regardless of their ages can play basketball comfortably thanks to the rim that is adjustable from around 6 to 7 feet. It even give the feeling of a professional player.
- The base is filled with either water or sand to obtain the stability so that it can withstand shooting and acrobatic dunks
- The kids basketball hoop is very versatile. You can set it up indoors, for example, in a gym or in the backyard for outdoor competitions between your kids and their friends.
- The hoop comes with a backboard made of heavy-duty steel and hard plastic. The net is made of nylon. All the features prove the durability and strength of the kids basketball hoop. You can rest assured that you will use the hoop for many years, to be exact, many seasons.
- As the kids basketball hoop comes with 2 wheels, you can tilt and roll it with ease
- The overall dimension of the hoop: 29’’ x 22’’ x 86’’-97’’
Current rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Step2 Shootin’ Hoops Junior Basketball Set
- The kids basketball hoop comes with a center pole fixture that can adjust the height of the rim between 30’’ and 48’’, making it easy for your kids to play the game despite their height
- The oversized base is filled with either water or sand to obtain the maximum stability. Remember that sand is not included in the set, so you have to prepare it yourself.
- The base has two drink holders, or you can also use the holders as ball storage.
- The height is adjustable in increments of six inches
- The set of this kids basketball hoop includes a large backboard, a strong rim, a real woven net and six-inch basketball. Therefore, once everything is set up, your kids can start playing the game right away.
- This model is highly recommended for children in the age range from 2 to 8 years old
- It is an excellent addition to the playroom and the perfect gift for growing athletes.
10. Indoor Mini Basketball Hoop and Balls 16’’ x 12 – Basketball Hoop for Door Set – Indoor Mini Basketball Game for Kids
Brand: Long Game
Current rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Indoor Mini Basketball Hoop and Balls
- The kids basketball hoop comes with a large backboard which is made of shatterproof polycarbonate. The size of the backboard is 16’’ x 12’’, large enough for kids from 3 years and over
- There is protective foam padding on the backboard and brackets so that the impact on the door is minimized.
- The set includes door mounts, and other essential tools, meaning that you can set up the hoop anywhere you like with ease.
- The net has 8 loops and durable. It is expected to be used for a very long time.
- The kids basketball hoop comes with a spring action breakaway steel rim, enabling you to practice anytime or anywhere you like. After you make the shot, the spring will immediately bounce the rim back into place.
- Although it is made for entertainment purposes, it boasts about its durability. If your kid is into playing basketball, this is definitely the perfect choice.
- This high-grade basketball hoop as well as 2-piece mini rubber ball gives the user the feeling of professional games. You can have the realistic experience of playing the game. However, remember that the balls are inflated when delivered.
- This kids basketball hoop is suitable for children from 3 years of age and over.
- There are small parts included in the set, so there is a risk of choking.
- The assembly must be done by an adult as there are dangerous small parts in unassembled state.
It does not matter if you would like your kids to become a professional basketball player or not, purchasing a kids basketball hoop is undoubtedly a good start for their physical exercise. Instead of spending hours planting themselves on tablets, your children can play basketball, which is healthier.
However, as there are too far many kids basketball hoops in the market, it is hard for parents to make a decision on buying the best one for their kids. Here is our buying guide for your reference.
For kids, there is nothing more important than safety. And when it comes to this factor, three things you should take into account to make sure your child is well protected include materials, breakaway rims and stability.
Regarding material, plastic can do less harm than fiberglass and metal. So you should start with a product made of plastic, and metal and fiberglass respectively as they get older once they start to learn basic skills of basketball. If they are taught what sport they are playing and how to play basically properly, they will be less likely to hurt themselves.
As for the rim, the ten best kids basketball hoops in this article all come with breakaway rims due to safety purposes. If the rim is rigid, there is high likelihood that your small players will get hurt themselves regardless of their levels or skills. You should avoid the basketball hoops that do not bend or move because they may result in jammed fingers or face bops.
Furthermore, stability is a crucial factor in safety. If you choose small plastic hoops, there might not be any problems as they are lightweight. Even when your kids fall over, it is very unlikely that they will get hurt. If you intend to buy a moveable outdoor hoop, you should wait until your children are old enough to deal with such responsibility. Remember that a sand-based hoop or a water-based one made of fiberglass or metal can be very dangerous if it is slammed into or dunked on.
Remember to buy a backboard that is completely unbreakable. You can find such a backboard by reading the adverts of the products. Those that boast about their polycarbonate or fiberglass backboards are the brands you should take into account.
Durability and Longevity
As children grow quickly, you should consider carefully before deciding whether you should buy a big hoop or just a small one. You may have to throw out many hoops without fully making use of them, which is undeniably a waste of money. You may want to find a kids basketball hoop for your small player, but if you choose a too small one, it may be used for very short time. In contrast, if you pick a large plastic hoop, it is unlikely that your kid is old enough to play it. Therefore, alternatively, you should go for an over-the-door hoop, which is suitable for all kinds of children regardless of their age and height.
Fun and Addictability
Playing basketball is surely good fun. And surely you want your kids to enjoy the fun part of the game. So how can you make them into this sport? For the youngest players, it is highly recommended that you should choose colorful and simple hoops. By doing so, your children will get addicted to making shots on the hoops all the time. When your small players get older, you can change to a more challenging hoop so that they learn how to deal with difficulty. It may even interest them more.
Besides, adjustable heights are very important. If the rim is adjustable, then you can set many kinds of challenges for your small basketball players. For starters, you can set the lowest rung so that your kids find playing the game really exciting and intriguing. Then, you can increase the level of difficulty day by day according to the improvement in your kids’ skills. This will keep them find this game amusing. Otherwise, giving them challenging tasks at a very young age can make them soon get bored and thus give up the game.
There are many designs and shapes when it comes to a kids basketball hoop. Some hoops are door-mount ones, which means you can mount them on the door easily and start the game at once. In contrast, some are set up on the ground. Besides the height of your kids, you should also think about whether your home is more suitable for an indoor or outdoor hoop. Not to mention, how much space you are willing to allocate to the hoop is another important consideration.
If the kids basketball hoop you choose does not allow you to adjust the height, then there is a big issue. Kids grow up day by day, so being adjustable makes sure that they will get addicted to the game for a very long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What height should a kids basketball hoop be for a child 7 years of age?
If you want your kids to play the game smoothly and enjoyably, suitable height adjustment is very important. While a 11 year-old-child should play with a basketball hoop height of 10 feet, children in the age group from 7 to 10 years old should play with the height of 8 feet.
2. What age should you start playing basketball?
Children can start playing this intriguing sport very soon, at the age of 5, to be exact. At that age, a child needs to develop their basic skills of this sport and also learn how to coordinate hands and eyes. Nevertheless, for a serious game, a child should learn when they reach the age of
3. What sand and how much sand to use for the base?
Some people often wonder what kind of sand should we use for the kids basketball hoops and how much sand is considered enough. So here is the answer.
To begin with, any type of sand will be fine, yet the play sand is smoother than the other kinds. However, if you cannot find play sand, it is still okay to use other kinds of sand. The main function of sand here is simply to add weight to the base, making it stand still. Some people also use rock instead, but this is not advisable.
How much sand is enough? As the kids basketball hoops come with bases of different sizes, we suggest using 6 pounds of sand for one gallon. For instance, you may need around 60 pounds of sand for the whole lifespan of the hoop.
4. Should I use sand or water for the base?
Many kids basketball hoops have the options of using both sand and water to add weight to the base. This helps the base stand still and become studier, not to mention, it will not fall over.
Here we recommend not using water as it tends to freeze during the winter. Once the water freezes, it can enlarge, resulting in cracks in your base. In the future, the cracks will cause leaks. That is the reason why sand is better choice.
Besides, you should also think about safety. A crack in the base can lead to the water running out. Although sand also runs out if the base is cracked, it is more visible compared to water. Therefore, if there is no water left, the hoop with fall over, causing your kids to get hurt.
Doing physical exercise is always a matter of concern for parents. If your children have a habit of doing some sports at an early age, their interest in physical activity will grow gradually. They will get healthier and fitter. And this will also boost their concentration on study. There are countless benefits. Among the sports, basketball seems to be the most popular. It is simple, fun and helpful.
You can start by teaching your kids to play basketball at the age of 5, yet the time can be sooner for those 2 or 3 years of age. For toddlers, we have introduced some kids basketball hoops used as both a toy and an exercise practice supporter. When your kids get older, there are other products that can support heavy duty and offer players more challenges. All the products come in different sizes and types. So you have many options to choose. Read this article thoroughly and consider all the factors before making the final decision. We hope that you will find the best kids basketball hoop for you.